Bethel alumni and friends enjoyed the opening reception, which followed a presentation by curator Rachel Epp Buller ’96, for the year-long exhibit at Kauffman Museum in 2015-16, “Root for the Home Team: Building Community through Sports.”
- Visit Days for prospective students and parents, Fri., Sept. 30; Fri., Nov. 11. Call 316-284-5250 or 800-522-1887, ext. 230, or e-mail; see the Bethel College website
- Honors Orchestra Clinic, Fri.–Sun., Oct. 21–23, Krehbiel Auditorium and Memorial Hall. For more information, contact Adam Fontana, 316-284-5264.
- Honors Band Clinic, Sun.–Mon., Nov. 20–21, Memorial Hall. For more information, contact Adam Fontana, 316-284-5264.
- Thresher Golf Classic, Sept. 17, 7 a.m., Sand Creek Station, Newton
- Fall Festival, Thurs.–Sun., Sept. 29–Oct. 2
- See the Bethel Threshers website for current schedule.
- STEM Symposium, Fri., Sept. 30, 1–4:30 p.m., Krehbiel Auditorium, Sat., Oct. 1, 9–11 a.m., Administration Building chapel
- KIPCOR Film Series, Sun., Sept. 18, 3 p.m., Krehbiel Auditorium
- KIPCOR 30th-anniversary celebration, Sun., Nov. 13, 5 p.m., Memorial Hall
- Annual Messiah sing, Weds., Nov. 30, 11 a.m., Bethel College Mennonite Church
- Five Places of Christmas, Sat., Dec. 3, 10 a.m.–4 p.m., Kauffman Museum and Luyken Fine Arts Center
- Lighting of the Green, Sun., Dec. 4, 8 p.m., the Green
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebration, Mon., Jan. 16, 7 p.m., Krehbiel Auditorium
- Celebrate Kansas Day!, Sat., Jan. 28, 1:30–4:30 p.m., Kauffman Museum
- Memory Matters: Works by Gesine Janzen ’89, Aug. 16, 2016–May 28, 2017
Regier Gallery, Luyken Fine Arts Center:
- Building Bridges Iraqi Art Exhibit, Aug. 26–Sept. 23; exhibit reception, Fri., Sept. 23, 6–8 p.m.
- Revelations in Wood: The Sculpture of John Gaeddert ’50, 1950–2015, Sept. 30–Oct. 28; exhibit reception, Fri., Sept. 30, 6–8 p.m.
- Candles: Paintings by Rachel Foster, Nov. 4–Dec. 2; exhibit reception, Thurs., Nov. 4, 6–8 p.m.
Hesston–Bethel Performing Arts
- Big Muddy Dance Company, Fri., Nov. 11, 7:30 p.m., Krehbiel Auditorium
- Cantus, Sat., Dec. 3, 7:30 p.m., Hesston Mennonite Church
- Menno Simons Lectures with Perry Bush, Sun., Oct. 30, and Mon., Oct. 31, 7 p.m., Mon., Oct. 31, 11 a.m., Krehbiel Auditorium
- Kauffman Museum Association annual meeting, Sun., Aug. 28, 3 p.m., Kauffman Museum
- Bethel College Corporation meeting, Fri., Sept. 23, 7:30 p.m., Luyken Fine Arts Center and Krehbiel Auditorium
- Bethel College Board meetings, Thurs.–Fri., Sept. 29–30, Administration Building chapel
- Bethel College Wind Ensemble, Sun., Sept. 25, 3 p.m., Memorial Hall
- Bethel College Jazz@Taste of Newton, Thurs., Sept. 29, 6 p.m., downtown Newton
- Fall Festival play, The Last Night of Ballyhoo by Alfred Uhry, Fri., Sept. 30, 7:30 p.m., Sat., Oct. 1, 3:30 p.m., Sun., Oct. 2, 2 p.m., Krehbiel Auditorium
- Bethel College Jazz Ensembles, Sat., Oct. 1, 1 p.m., Prairie Sky Stage
- Bethel College Sings, Sun., Nov. 6, 3 p.m., Bethel College Mennonite Church
- Honors Band and Wind Ensemble concert, Mon., Nov. 21, 7 p.m., Memorial Hall
- Christmas Gala jazz concert, Fri., Dec. 2, 8 p.m., Krehbiel Auditorium
- Organ concert with David Cason, Sun., Dec. 4, 3 p.m., Administration Building chapel