Alumni Weekend, June 5–7
new and improved Alumni Weekend in June brought more than 200 alumni and guests to campus. With the theme
A Thresher Refresher, this year’s event will provide opportunities to
- attend an opening ice cream social with President Perry White and Dalene White (Friday evening)
- stay on campus (Friday and/or Saturday nights)
- enjoy lectures by Annette LeZotte, director of Kauffman Museum, and Joel Linscheid ’08, instructor of music and director of jazz studies (Saturday morning)
- recognize the
Golden ThresherClass of 1965 at the Alumni Banquet (Saturday noon)
- honor Delora (Jantz) ’63 and Jerry Decker, North Newton, with this year’s Outstanding Alumnus Award (see cover story), and Samir Khabbaz ’54, Richlandtown, Pennsylvania, with the Distinguished Achievement Award (see page 13)
- tour the campus to see what’s new
- sing in an alumni choir, directed by Rachel Voran Unruh ’12, Newton
- dine with others in the classes of 1965, 1960, 1955 and the Heritage Classes of 1950 and earlier years (Saturday evening)
- sing, worship and acknowledge those who have supported BC in a special way (Sunday morning)
All alumni and friends of the college are invited to the Alumni Banquet at noon, Saturday, June 6, in Memorial Hall. Discount price is $22.50 per person if paying by May 22, $25 regular price May 23–27. For reservations, contact Thresher Bookstore in Schultz Student Center, 316-284-5205. Payment or credit card information is required when the reservation is made. No refunds can be given after May 29, since after that the Alumni Office will have been charged for reserved meals.
Anyone who earned 24 credit hours or more at Bethel— whether they graduated or not—is considered an alumnus of the college. The Bethel College Alumni Association invites all alumni, their spouses and guests to attend class reunions.
Reunions for classes celebrating their 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th, 35th, 40th and 45th are on Fall Festival Saturday, this year Oct. 10. To volunteer to host a class reunion in spring or fall, contact Dave Linscheid, director of alumni relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-284-5252.